Inure Definition and Legal Meaning
On this page, you'll find the legal definition and meaning of Inure, written in plain English, along with examples of how it is used.
What is Inure?
to be the cause of something, bring into effect,result in something or to be of some use, advantage or benefit.
History and Meaning of Inure
The term "inure" comes from the Latin word "inurare," which means "to take effect." In legal terms, the word "inure" refers to something that has become effective, such as a law or a contract. When something inures to someone's benefit, it means that they have gained a benefit from it.
Examples of Inure
- After many years of hard work, the employee's benefits inured to his family after his retirement.
- The law change will inure to the benefit of the citizens.
- The new policy will inure to the benefit of the organization's employees.
- The profits from the company's success inured to the advantage of its shareholders.
- The contract specified that all future profits would inure to the benefit of the author.
Legal Terms Similar to Inure
- Enure - legalize and put into effect.
- Vest - legally confer or bestow on someone.
- Devolve - transfer or pass on legal duties or property to someone else.