Deuce Definition and Legal Meaning
On this page, you'll find the legal definition and meaning of Deuce, written in plain English, along with examples of how it is used.
What is Deuce?
n. Drunk driving conviction. This slang term originated in California where Section 502 of the California Vehicle Code once governed it.
History and Meaning of Deuce
Deuce is a slang term used to refer to a drunk driving conviction. The term originated in California where Section 502 of the California Vehicle Code once governed it. The term is typically used in American English and is most commonly used in legal contexts.
Examples of Deuce
Here are a few examples of how the term "deuce" might be used in different contexts:
- "He was arrested for a deuce last weekend after leaving the bar."
- "Her deuce conviction resulted in a suspended license and hefty fines."
- "The legal limit for a DUI is .08, but even a deuce conviction can have serious consequences."
Legal Terms Similar to Deuce
Here are a few legal terms that are related to "deuce":
- DUI: Driving under the influence is a legal term that refers to operating a motor vehicle while impaired by drugs or alcohol.
- DWI: Driving while intoxicated is another term used to describe drunk driving.
- OWI: Operating while intoxicated is a term used in some states to describe drunk driving.
- BAC: Blood alcohol concentration is a legal term used to refer to the amount of alcohol in a person's bloodstream.